No matter where you turn these days, you are bombarded with images of men and women that have a certain body type. The more these images are thrown our way, the more they start becoming the norm. And, being bombarded with these ideal body shapes, it is not surprising that cosmetic surgeon’s offices are seeing an increase in the demand for procedures that involve tucking and trimming their way to the perfect body.
One such procedure that has seen a growing demand in recent years is the laser body contouring. While weight loss is necessary for a healthy body, sometimes a person needs more than just an exercise and diet routine to take care of their weight issues. People with excess weight end up with stubborn pockets of fat in some areas of the body, or even sagging skin post excessive weight loss. Such issues need laser body contouring to be taken care of.
Why laser body contouring?
Apart from helping people get an envious body, the major hallmark of this process is that it does not involve surgery. Being able to lose fat and get a toned body without the pain, downtime, and other hassles of a surgery is a great deal. After all, who wouldn’t be up for such a procedure?
For many people losing weight equals the story of a lifetime of struggle. Be it the excess fat around the middle area, a bulging belly area, flabby upper arms, or such pockets of fat in any other parts of the body, it makes for an unsightly appearance. These kinds of fat deposits are not easily taken care of by diet and exercise alone to make a noticeable difference. Hence, non-invasive fat removal technologies like laser body contouring are needed to help such individuals attain their weight loss goal.
Who are the likely candidates for such procedures?
Enhancing the aesthetic appearance of their bodies is one of the top reasons why people opt for laser body contouring and such other procedures. Genetics plays a major role in determining where different people retain their unwelcome fat deposits. Fat deposits in any body zone can significantly spoil the appearance of a person’s body. And, with so much of stress on not only shedding the extra pounds, but also maintaining a great body, more and more people are resorting to these medical procedures to help take care of the unwanted fat and shape any area of their body.
The non-invasive techniques to eliminate fat are becoming more and more advanced as the demands of the people increase. Non-invasive fat elimination techniques are the treatment of choice for people who fail to get rid of stubborn body fat from different areas of their body. Apart from helping people who have lost excessive weight, laser body contouring also helps women in their post-pregnancy stage or people who have had a weight loss surgery, and are left with sagging skin.
The data on emerging aesthetics trends from American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) clearly shows the importance and hype surrounding the non-invasive fat elimination techniques.
- Non-surgical skin tightening jumped from 9th to 7th most popular non-surgical procedure.
- Non-surgical skin tightening secured 5th spot for most popular procedures among men.
- Non-surgical fat reduction stats showed an increase of 18.7% over the previous year.
According to another recent market study, the emerging market for energy based devices; body shaping and skin tightening segments are slated to experience solid annual gains of 6.2% and 13.8%. (http://iapam.com/non-invasive-body-contouring-explodes-2017.html)
Given these statistics on the rising popularity of non-invasive surgical procedures, it can be concluded that cosmetic surgeons need to be prepared with extensive knowledge and training to meet the rising demand.
What does laser body contouring entail?
Body contouring is part of the non-invasive fat reduction process, and, as the name signifies it helps in melting away a person’s body fat without making an incision in their skin. Given below are some of the benefits you can get from the non-invasive fat removal procedures.
- As they are minimally invasive techniques, no incisions are needed in the skin.
- The procedure time is short with minimal downtime.
- If you follow a healthy lifestyle, you can enjoy the results for a long time.
- These procedures are pain free compared to surgical procedures like liposuction.
- There are minimal side effects.
Processes and Technologies
If you are looking for a non-invasive fat removal process and body contouring, you will find that there are wide ranges of non-surgical, non-invasive options available. Given below are some of the mechanisms used for non-invasive fat removal treatment.
- A cooling applicator is applied to the desired area to extract energy from the underlying fat tissue without damage to the other tissues. Vacuum pressure is used to draw the tissue between the cooling panels. Exposure to cooling via energy extraction results in controlled cell death, leading to the release of cytokines and other inflammatory mediators. This leads to gradual elimination of the fat cells.
- In some cases fat removal is done using the layering technique. Layering technique involves delivering energy to the various depths in the tissue. Changing the cooling during the treatment allows for deep tissue treatment, all the way up to the superficial level.
- Using focused pulsed ultrasound, the walls of the fat cells are destroyed, releasing the fat in the form of triglycerides. The triglycerides are then processed through the liver and eliminated from the body naturally. This process ensures the surrounding tissues, nerves, and muscles are unharmed.
- In yet another method, high intensity ultrasound energy is focused on the targeted fat, destroying the fat cells beneath the surface layers of the skin. A continuous lesion is created in the targeted fat without harming the skin. The treated fat tissue is eliminated through the body’s natural healing process, leaving you with a thinner and more contoured body.
There are many more processes through which fat can be eliminated from the body with minimal downtime, pain, side effects, and immediate recovery. The main crux of all the processes is to target the fat cells without damaging the skin and subcutaneous tissue. The damaged fat cells are removed through the body’s natural elimination process, thus, leaving the person with a more defined and contoured body frame.
While all these procedures help you to get back into your old clothes with great ease and boost your confidence, they need to be complemented with a healthy lifestyle in order to see permanent results. Also ensure you do proper research about the laser body contouring process, and get it done at the hands of a trained physician to see smooth and lasting results.